October 13, 2021 | Pastoral Care by First Church by Staff Parish Relations Committee
I have the happy job of telling you who’ll follow Paul Melrose in the position Assistant to the Pastors for Pastoral Care.
Nancy Childress served the church for more than 30 years as a senior pastor, associate, children’s & youth director. She has quite the resume, which includes the following highlights:
- fully ordained elder in the Virginia annual conference
- a Duke University Master of Divinity degree
- a resident in Clinical Pastoral Education at Virginia-Charlottesville
- director of spiritual care in Charter Psychiatric Hospital in Virginia
- graduate of the Institute for Pastoral Care and Counseling
- director of a children’s play therapy practice
Nancy compiled all this while launching her own two children into the world. She moved to Madison to assist raising two lovely grandchildren. We are honored and hopeful for Nancy’s success as Assistant for Pastoral Care. The transition from Paul to Nancy is scheduled to happen officially in January 2022.