Consider giving a gift that lasts a lifetime and beyond to support a First United Methodist Church ministry you care about.
Designated Gifts of any amount may be given now or later to one or more of the foundation’s funds. The funds are:
- Christian Education Fund (Enhances education ministries for all ages)
- Mission & Outreach Fund (Enhances mission and outreach ministries)
- Property Care & Improvement Fund (Provides for the care, improvement or acquisition of church property)
- Worship & Music Fund (Enhances the church’s worship life and music ministry)
- Youth & Young Adult Ministry Fund (Enhances the church’s ministry with youth and young adults)
If your gift is $50,000 or more, you may establish a new fund in your name to support any purpose listed above or to support another ministry of your choice.
Undesignated Gifts will allow the church the flexibility to meet emerging ministry needs and opportunities.
Unless you indicate otherwise, 100% of donated funds will be invested to preserve the principal while providing annual income.
Ways to Give Now
- Appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds
- Your IRA Required Minimum Distribution if you are at least age 701/2
- Real estate
Ways to Give Later
- A percentage or a set amount of your estate to the First Foundation in your will
- An asset (cash, stock, mutual fund, insurance policy, retirement plan, real estate) to the First Foundation in your will
- A Charitable Gift Annuity or a Charitable Remainder Trust
Please consult your attorney and/or financial planner about the best way for you to make a gift to the First Foundation.
First FoundationThe First Foundation encourages, receives, and distributes current and estate gifts to support the ministry of the First United Methodist Church of Madison. Established in 1965, the First Foundation is available to members and friends of First United Methodist Church who want to make a gift that will last a lifetime and beyond.
If you would like more information about the First Foundation, have questions about the foundation, or want to know about making a current or estate gift, please contact our Lead Pastor, Rev. Dr. Mark A. Fowler (608-234-5189); our First Foundation Board of Directors President, Krista Tweed (608-212-7823); or our church’s Financial Systems Coordinator, Kelly Walling.
Making a Gift
When including the First Foundation in your estate plan, please share the following information with your attorney.
First United Methodist Church Foundation, Madison, Inc.
203 Wisconsin Avenue
Madison, Wisconsin 53703-2105
Krista Tweed, Chair
Rev. Dr. Mark A. Fowler, Senior Pastor
Kelly Walling, Financial Systems Coordinator
Ellen Carlson, Council