Every Wednesday, 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
A wedding is one of life's great moments where two people make a life-long commitment to each other that reflects God's deep love for us.
People who seek to be married in a church usually have a sense of the sacred nature of the promises they are making. In a Christian marriage the partners seek to know and reflect the presence of Christ in their life together.
And, let's not forget that it's one of the most important days of your life, and, of course, you want it to be perfect. We would love to be part of your special day and to help you create a memorable experience that reflects this sacred event.
You're invited to wed at First Church
Our Wedding Guidelines and Fee Schedule can answer some of the questions you may have and help you decide if having your wedding at First Church is right for you.
If you decide to celebrate this special day with us, here are your next steps:
Next Steps For A First Church Wedding
- Call 608-338-0394 or the Assistant to the Pastors, Ev Woolpert.
- After consulting with the pastors, Ev will contact you and if the wedding has been approved, she will invite you to complete and submit the Wedding Reservation Form and a non-refundable $100 deposit.
- You may submit your deposit via our secure payment site (select “Facility Use” and enter “wedding deposit”). If you wish to pay by check, please make it out to “First United Methodist Church” and write “wedding deposit” in the memo line (mail to 203 Wisconsin Avenue, Madison, WI 53703).
- A staff member will contact you to confirm we've received your deposit and to start the conversation about your wedding event details.
- At least two months prior to the wedding please complete and submit the Wedding Information Form to confirm the event details.
If you have questions, please contact our Welcome Center reception office at (608)256-9061 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday thru Thursday.
We hope you have a wonderful wedding day!